Fitness experts all agree that exercising is key to maintaining a healthy body and an active lifestyle. Even with your busy lifestyle, you should try to find time, or even make time, to exercise routinely. This article features many tips … Continue reading
There are many other health benefits that being fit can do for you, such as,
saving you costly medical bills and just feeling better, in general.
It does require an initial investment of your time and knowledge. Gather information on the proper way to keep fit and how to manage your exercise time properly.
This article can be a great starting point for providing you with tips to use in your fitness methods.
Unfortunately, good intentions will not help you to get into shape! You have to be physically active to reap benefits. There is so much information available on the subject of fitness. Here are some suggestions that others have found helpful to become or stay fit:
If you can get it done standing, do it standing. Even if you find yourself stuck in the house all day, sitting around certainly is not good for you. Standing, while it won’t be getting you into perfect shape, is infinitely better than just sitting there. Move around as much as you can.
When working out, it is important to keep in mind that shorter workouts are better than lengthier ones. Increase your workout slowly over time and remember that quality training is better than longer training sessions. This will prevent muscle strain and instead will build your muscle strength in a safe and healthy way. Continue reading
Unfortunately, many do not achieve that goal. It is easy to lose sight of a goal, especially in physical fitness when so much motivation and self-perseverance is needed.
The article below will help you stick to your goals and accomplish them!
Checking out the information presented here will give you a better understanding of fitness in general and make you better-equipped for your own fitness routine.
Being educated about fitness is vital prior to actually exercising.
Otherwise, you probably won’t experience any results, or worse, injure yourself.
Before exercising, read up on it. Continue reading
The information in the article here will show you how to plan out a fitness routine in an efficient manner. Don’t assume that learning about how to work out properly isn’t important. When you jump in without any knowledge, you invite the risk of injury or the struggle of getting fit more easily. Do your research before you start exercising.
Purchase a new workout toy to give yourself some motivation. This can be a new water bottle or a new athletic top. The simplest piece of clothing may inspire you to flash your newly acquired enthusiasm at the gym.
Start gardening. It can be surprising to most people how much work is actually involved in gardening. Not only do you have to squat when gardening, but you also need to weed and dig. There are many more activities that will help you stay in shape: you should try home improvement, sports or simply playing with your children.
It’s important to keep track of the calories or fat grams that you take in each day. Staying aware of your calorie intake will help you understand weight fluctuations on the scale. If you keep your calories at the level of maintenance, and continue to exercise, you can be fit in very little time.
Get toned triceps by performing modified push-ups. Instead of doing normal push-ups, turn your hands at a 45 degree angle. This move will tone up your triceps in no time.
Do not lift weights for more than an hour. After an hour your muscles will begin to suffer from severe fatigue. Therefore, you need to limit your weightlifting sessions to an hour or less.
There are numerous ways to get fit and stay motivated. You just need to find what works for you. This is what is great about exercising, there’s something to do for everybody. Discovering more about fitness keeps it interesting.
Do you workout with your kids? If not, why? Exercise is just as important for them as it is for you. With so many kids sitting in front of a television and playing video games getting them up and moving can be difficult. Although, if you are working out to a home fitness program with great music, chances are they are going to want to workout with you.
My daughters started working out with me when they were about 2 years old. They couldn’t make it through a whole workout program of Turbo Jam, but they tried and they would rest when the needed to and would start again later in the workout. It’s amazed me how much energy they have and what they can do now at the ages of 4 and 5 years old. My 5 year old was able to work out right along side of my while I was doing any of the 40 minute or less length Insanity DVD’s! How amazing is that! I’ve heard so many people say Insanity it too hard and they don’t think they can do it. And they are right, if you put it in your mind that you can’t do it, then you won’t be able to. But when I tell them they don’t have to make it through the whole DVD the 1st time and it might take until the last weeks of the program before they are able to. I then ask, do you think a 5 year old could do a program like Insanity, and every response is an immediate ‘No.’. Then I proceed to tell them my 4 and 5 year old work right along side of me and after a few weeks they were able to make it through the whole length of the DVD they have more hope.
I even offer to have my kids workout with them because if my kids take a break on the longer DVD’s as I’m still working out, they are always cheering me on. I might have a hard time not laughing and losing my breathe, but I love that they are encouraging me and keep feeding me positive thoughts. So, working out with your kids isn’t just a benefit for your kids, they may also be your biggest motivators. I will never forget my daughter expression on some of the workouts when she said ‘Wow mom you are really jumping high, great job. Keep it up, you can do it.’ Working out with your kids can be as easy and turning on the television and pressing play on the DVD player. I even find my kids starting up the videos and wanting to exercise on their own.
Here’s a link to a video from Charlene Johnson that I think makes a great point and I completely agree with. Click Here
When you travel or work or vacation do you keep up on your fitness routine or does it go by the wayside? You want to stay fit while your traveling, but don’t know how. It’s easy to pack on some extra pounds while dining out, sitting in meetings, and living it up at the hotel bar. But you really don’t want to return home in worse shape than when you left do you? Make your time away more satisfying by staying active and keeping your mind and body in check. Try a few of these helpful habits and you’ll have a more effective getaway.
1. Bring fitness DVDs for your laptop Throw a fitness DVD or two into the computer bag, and pop one in first thing each morning. Do a quick workout in the morning and you’ll see how much easier it is to resist the temptations at the breakfast buffet. The rest of the day, skip the computer. Aren’t you trying to get away from it all? Leave the laptop and all that seated screen time back at the hotel.
2. Explore the local area on foot If you really want to get a feel for an area, the best way to see it is by walking. Skip the car ride unless you’re late, it’s raining like crazy, or your destination is more than a mile or two away. Instead of eating at the hotel walk to a nearby breakfast place. You will probably get a more satisfying meal at a fraction of the cost of the hotel restaurant.
3. Use the hotel gym If your a person that thrives on routine and have a regular gym schedule that’s working for you, then continue it while you’re away. Keep your healthy habit going, and it won’t be a struggle to get back to it when you return home. Most hotels have some sort of gym or exercise facility. Even if it just has a room with a couple of stationery bikes—use it! Or you may find out that your hotel has a huge, glamorous gym with machines you’ve never used before. It’s like being a kid at a new playground! Travel is about experiencing new things. Why not apply this attitude to your exercise routine as well? Sometimes the same old exercises in a new setting makes a difference in your routine.
4. Take the stairs This one’s easy. Never, ever take the elevator, unless have heavy luggage. No excuses. It doesn’t matter how many flights up your room is. Even if you think you can lug your luggage all the way up the stairs and find out it was much more than what you bargained for guess what? They have an elevator on every floor and you can finish by taking your luggage in the elevator. You might want to book a high floor for better views from the room, and more calories burned to get there!
5. Discover local fitness activities No matter where you go, there’s probably some kind of sport or physical activity that’s popular in the area. Think about going skiing, hiking, or climbing if you’re in the mountains, take a surfing lesson, boogie-boarding, or swim in the ocean. Near a river or lake? Spend an afternoon canoeing, sailing, or rafting. There are many different opportunities to choose from, look them over and choose some. You never know how much you may enjoy something you’ve never thought of trying before.
There are many more things you can do while away traveling you just need to put yourself out there and look. It’s worth giving it a try so you don’t undo what you’ve worked so hard for to begin with.
Why do you need someone compatible with you to exercise with? You have goals, but if your workout buddy doesn’t have similar goals or help motivate you they aren’t helping much. Friends and family or co-workers are great workout buddies if they are compatible with your workout style and type of workouts you enjoy. Some churches have wellness groups and you can find support there if you need someone knocking at your door to keep you on track. There are several online tools to help you find a workout buddy if you don’t know anyone with same motivation or goals you have.
Having a friend, family member or co-worker for a fitness buddy is great motivation as long as you both stay motivated. Online programs are great and have accountability, but most of them you have to log in to stay accountable so it’s easy to fall off the bandwagon. Having a coach helps prevent that because they can email you can call you to see how you’ve been doing. They are experienced with many programs and they can connect you with someone else doing the same home fitness program you are using.
Watch this video about having an online coach. If you are interested in signing up with a free account visit www.BeFitWithMe.co, you will be connected with a free account to help track your progress as well as a free fitness coach.